Tuesday, March 05, 2002

"What do you mean if we resist? We can't just let him have his way!" Harry leapt up and slammed his hands down on the table, not caring that he was in a library and anyone could hear him. The beautiful girl's words had made him angry, and he couldn't quite figure out why. "This isn't some silly joke, people are going to die! People have died."

If anything, Cho only grew colder. "I know, Harry Potter, believe me, I know."

Harry sat back into his chair suddenly, feeling like an ass. Of course she knew. She'd been friends with Cedric, hadn't she? She went to the Yule Ball with him last year, after all...Cho neatly stacked her books and stood.

"I'm sorry, Harry, I really am. But you can't look at the world in black and white anymore. You and your friends- and I daresay Dumbledore and most of the teachers- you aren't fighting the war of good against evil. You can't just proclaim that you are right and everyone else is wrong."

"But- but Voldemort has killed, he killed my parents, he killed Cedric, he-"

Her smile extended only as far as her lips. "If it's vengeance that you want, Harry Potter, far be it from me to discourage you. But few people will agree that vengeance is a fine and noble purpose." He barely caught her last words as she walked away. "There are no noble purposes in this world..."


----------HP fic, yes, I know, I'm crazy, but I really really just want to write about Cho...and the fact that there had to be Dark Wizards from houses other than Slytherin. (Sadly, I can't write fanfiction to save my soul, but I'm going to give it a try anyway.)

No comments: