Thursday, March 28, 2002

And now for another Vera Talks About Romance Fanfic
Specifically, the stuff she hates. Even more specifically, the pairings that make her want to bash her head repeatedly against a wall. Or gouge out her eyes because of the mental pictures.
Since I'm currently on an FFVIII kick:
Quistis/Seifer- just one question, why? It just doesn't make sense- sure, she might go for him because he's like a more psychotic and dangerous and slightly less kinky version of Squall, but come on now.
Seifer/Zell- No no no no NO!! People, please. Just stop. The only way this could work would be as a torture/rape/similarly offensive thing- there is nothing, I repeat nothing warm and fuzzy between these two. NOTHING.
Rinoa/Squall- See, I can despise the cannon pairings- Rinoa creeps me out and she's annoying.
Harry Potter:
Hermione/Draco- *shudder* it's like Seifer and Zell. She slaps him. He calls her a mudblood. He more or less says he's going to kill her and Harry and Ron and the lot of them at the end of the fourth book.
Harry/Draco- see above.
Ron/Draco- ditto
Ginny/Draco- I could almost see this, it's certainly less offensive than the others, but ...she's a Weasly. She's poor. She's a Weasly. She's obsessed with Harry. She's a Weasly. Have you caught my drift? (I could only see this if she got posessed again, sorry...)
Anybody/Draco- okay, so I tend to think of Draco as either one of those rare assexual characters, or as a complete manslut. I don't see him doing the warm fuzzy cuddly thing with anybody, unless it's to break their heart or get them in bed with him. He's not a nice person.
Hermione/Snape- 0_0 Do I really need to explain why this one's bad? It just screams "Catholic schoolgirl"- and that's just sick. (I know, I'm really not one to talk about things being too kinky...*cough*)
Harry/Snape- *falls over* Sick, man, just sick. I can't even use the Catholic schoolgirl excuse on this one, because that just makes it even worse...
Harry/Hermione- ...I can't really articulate it any better than this: Hermione belongs with RON, Dammit!
Harry/anybody- ...um. See, in my mind, Harry's just an assexual character. Not in the sense that he reproduces by budding, which I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Draco do, but because he's the Hero. And the Hero doesn't do the whole falling in love thing until he's got a Princess to rescue, and there hasn't been a Princess for him to rescue...so he doesn't get no lovin'. *shrug*
Final Fantasy X
Aurrikku- Aw, look, they've got a cutesy combo name. *gags* He's *SPOILER WARNING* dead *END SPOILER* for the All's sake! And she's 16! Statutory rape! Eeew! And it's Auron- he's way too cool for the perky one.

Well that killed my boredom for all of five minutes. My attention span is about as long as...so anyway, I'm quite sure I'll add to this list as the whim hits me. *innocent grin* Whaaat?

No comments: