Wednesday, March 20, 2002

Such is the burden of the creator; we cannot live but through our creations. We feel their hopes and joys, their sorrows and pains, and no matter what, we cannot simply watch them live and die impartially. We must feel, and we must live and die as they do; agony and ecstacy indeed. To be a writer is to be a god, but in being a writer we finally realize that god...was most certainly a madman.

Here we are- I was wondering where I put this quote. It's garbled, of course, as so many things that come out of my mouth and off my fingers frequently are- but I think it quite adequately captures the whole spirit of being a writer. Not that I have any sort of delusions of being a writer, of course. I wrote that in response to Mike's email on the last day of the NaNo- "agony and ecstacy". He finished his story; I wonder if he's still in love with his main character?

I'm in a very pensive mood- it's the weather, the bloody weather...if my room weren't such a mess I'd give up over here and just go sit and stare at my computer screen and hope for inspiration. But I've only got an hour left, and damn am I feeling apathetic...

Bloody weather. Happy spring, bloody weather. Someone must've stabbed it in the back of the head.

No comments: