Wednesday, March 06, 2002

I think I might like to take up photography. The only problem is that a lot of people object to this random little person snapping pictures of them, especially when she doesn't ask and gives no warning. Because that's what I'd do, you know. You can't capture the essence of people if you give them any warning. I just think it would be cool to take pictures and have people look at them and go...'like, whoa. nifty'. Of course, I feel the same way about the writing, and the art...but a photograph is a little bit more distanced from me while at the same time being a bit closer to the subject material. It's still mine but it belongs to the subject as well. With writing and art, it's all me- and that's sometimes a little uncomfortable to deal with. Plus photographs are just plain coo'.

No comments: