Monday, September 02, 2002

And...I'm back! I'm not dead! I'm not ignoring you! I just wasn't here!

But now I am. So.

Nothing really new, aside from the fact that my feet hurt (yet I still love marching...perhaps I *do* understand sporty people, on some level. A very small level. Narrow. Rather cramped.) Spent the weekend at the shore, for the last time this summer...it rained, and I was happy. I woke up to the sound of rain, I went to sleep to the sound of rain, I dreamed of pirates. *blink* Not too sure about that one...but. It was a good weekend. I read a lot. Started and finished Dragon Prince by Melanie Rawn (I don't get how she makes me like all of the protagonists and hate all the bad guys- I never do that. I'm always rooting for the villain. But I really, really like Rohan and Sioned. And I really didn't like Ianthe or Roelstra. It's weird.) and also Sword-Dancer by Jennifer Roberson. Good books, both of them. Now I've got to find the rest of the series, in both cases. This will probably involve many used book stores, as they're both very old series. Suckage.

The sky was blue today- very blue, behind the clouds. Impossibly blue. Lapis lazuli without flecks of pyrite blue. Not sapphire blue, though. It was an opaque blue, a butterfly wing blue.
The car ride home was very long, and at times it seemed as if the clouds were racing us home, speeding across the sky like demons out of heaven.

I really don't want summer to end this time. It's September, and I didn't even notice August ending. I think something else more important has ended, now. I'm just not sure what it is...and that frightens me, a little. Maybe a lot.

Maybe more than a lot.

We'll see how things work out, I suppose. Nothing else I can do, really. It's a very good thing that I've gotten very good at waiting. I just wish I knew what I was waiting for.

No comments: