Thursday, September 12, 2002

Thinking of video games...I have yet to finish Legend of Dragoon. Damn Lloyd and his silly silver hair and bastard attacks that keeelll me, keeeeellll me dead. And Albert, while incredibly amusing, isn't half so cool as Lavitz. And Kongol? Who-what? Can we say stock character? Oi. Shana needs to shoot herself with her own arrows, Meru needs to lay off the caffeine, whats-her-name has no personality ("Oh, the other girl needs to be kidnapped now- I'll take her place and her dragoon armor- but I'll be just as useless in battle!"), and Rose is possibly the niftiest female character ever. And Haskel- well...uh...*scratches head* Haskel? Why is your voice so squeaky?

Dart is a retard, making Rose the only worthwhile character. Doesn't balance out. That, and the in battle graphics are two shades of awful, as is the music, means that I'm not particularly fond of the game to begin with...I also have horrible hand-eye-coordination, so the additions attacks usually leave me cursing at the screen. (But I can do Gust of Wind Dance really well now! (This is only because it's Albert, of course...)) So, right now I'm stumped at Lloyd, because I really can't do shite if Dart can't do damage with his Explosion spell. It's almost looking like Seymour on Mt Gagazet from FFX. I can't remember if it was nine or eleven tries it took me to kill him...and each time, I'd have to sit through that damn movie sequence and grit my teeth at Seymour's whiny voice. *gaaaaahhh*

I will say that LoD is kinda cool, concept wise. I really like the character designs, at any rate. It was translated badly, though; I'm glad I bought WA2 instead, when I had the choice (but there are just as many things wrong with that game...), I guess.

If only the TV didn't keep fizzling- I don't like large black bars in the middle of the screen when I'm trying to steal Elmdor's Gengi armor in Tactics. Don't like 'em at all.

No comments: