Sunday, September 29, 2002

I just saw Hard Luck Woman; I am now, naturally, listening to "Call Me, Call Me". With my Ed skin. My next DVD will be volume six. No argument.

I can't believe I'm going to finally see the end of the series in two weeks. Gods...it'll have been almost exactly one year- I saw the first episode of Bebop on my birthday, and I'll be seeing the last just three days before it this year.

Yes, I do get overly attatched to anime series. Escaflowne turned me into a weepy obsessive for a while; I watched Trigun for eight hours straight without a break for anything, even though it was very badly subtitled; even Fushigi Yuugi had a semi-profound effect on me (though that was probably only due to certain other factors that were involved at the time). Bebop is, without a doubt, my favorite anime to date. My Squall wallscroll has been ousted in favor of the Spike/Julia/Vicious scroll that James gave us- much less colorful, not half as nifty an image, but still able to take the place of honor on the wall. I haven't watched anything else that can compete in terms of numbers the times I've stared at the screen open mouthed and whimpering, or the times I've cheered or squealed. (YYH may begin to compete in terms of cheers and squeals, but it has yet to bring me to gaping shock even once. Bebop did it twice in one episode and made me squeal today.)

So. Hard Luck Woman- now my favorite episode, up there with Black Dog Serenade and Pierrot le Fou (which actually managed to make me cry. obsessive. completely.) Even if Bebop isn't proper anime, and even if my loving it so much clearly reveals my appreciation for American television, I still say it's my favorite.

Can't wait until next week...*anxious*

(Coincidentally, next week is the Hiei-centric episode of YYH that I have missed. Next week will be some good TV, no mistake.)

No comments: