Monday, August 26, 2002

*laments* Oh, I weep for the idealist, the artist, the dreamer;
I weep for those with hopes that reach the sky.
I weep for the wise man, the philosopher, the thinker;
I weep for those with the courage to wonder, 'why'?
I weep for the tolerant, the kind, and the generous;
I weep for those who give with no thought for themselves.
I weep for the blind, the deaf, and the mute;
Those with no eyes to see things as they are
And those with no voice to speak of how they should be.
I weep for the world that dies day by day;
I weep for the people that tear it apart.
I weep for the dying, who have not yet lived;
I weep for the living, who wish they could die.
Oh, brothers and sisters, weep for your parents;
Oh, mothers and fathers, weep for your children;
Oh, weep all you lovers, for you too shall know loneliness;
Oh, weep all you lonely, for you shall know love.
Oh, that the world might see our tears
And know the depths of our grief;
Let us weep, that the pain might wash itself away.
----------
You know, it was going fine until I realized I didn't know why I was weeping; only that it ought to be done.

No comments: