Thursday, December 26, 2002

So, Happy Boxing Day to all you Canadians and wannabe Canadians out there...*wink*

And, hopefully all you Christmas celebrators out there got a nice haul- I've got a wacom tablet now, a small one, which is perfect, and it's a pretty red color and looks all spiff and shiny on the desk (In my excitement, I shoveled all the crap on the desk under the desk, and now the desk is almost clean...) which makes me endlessly happy. Made the Christmas and whatever card with it. I also finally did a sketchy "Highwayman" type of thing- my printer is incapable of printing things with any amount of detail, which makes me sad...I suppose I could always comandeer a printer at work and have it look all professional and shiz- It's amazing what you can do with a bare minimal knowledge of anatomy and a wacom tablet.

I also got many books, including Salt: A World History. That's what I get for reminding dad that I used to steal encyclopedias and read them late at night. I was ten or something. I didn't know any better. (Once, in sixth grade, I was accused of reading the encyclopedia for fun. Sensing that they were only teasing, I wisely kept silent. Now the guilty secret is out, oh no! *snorkle*)

(Side note. Vocabulary lesson: splee- verb- to spew glee. It's not as painful as it sounds. snorkle- noun/verb- a cross between a snort and a chuckle. More fun to write than either.)

I would have gotten a long sword, but there was a problem with shipping. So, no gift from the brother. The other brother got me a copy of "Heathers" ("a must see for the professional cynic"- wtf?) and a set of juggling balls. *D'oi* Also, everyone and their uncle gave me blank notebooks. No, for serious. And I'm not talking about five star whatnots- I think all my relatives raided the jounal/notebook section of Borders and paid by the pound- or ream. So. Many. Notebooks. *_*

I think they're trying to tell me something...*grin* Kevin received a Darth Vader lego set, and was up until three on Christmas morning (our presents are opened at half past midnight, you see- odd tradition, but we're impatient people and everyone is awake then, anyway). Naturally, by the next day I'd decided that the Jedi Sith Lord wasn't nearly festive enough- the red lightsaber was a good start, but not enough. So the Dark Sith Lord received a nicely festive red hat and cape, and some tinsel to brighten his helmet. Kev was not amused, but Darth Santa sat on the mantel until after dinner.

It was good. That's all. It was good.

No comments: