Monday, December 09, 2002

*doublesigh* Don't know what happened to my copy of A Christmas Attic...and I could really use some high holy battle music to listen to.

What? Come on now, don't tell me the first thing "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" makes you think of isn't some war on a grand scale, all the forces of heaven and hell duking it out over a stable with fire, brimstone, and flying feathers. The works, you know- Michael and his sword, Gabriel with his trumpet, The Metatron's voice roaring out over it all, while creatures beyond nightmares slink and scowl and leap and attack- that sort of thing. Visual association- it's all black and white, red and shining gold, and burning stars.

I love this song. I'm no big fan of Christmas music normally, mind you- too saccharine sweet, makes my teeth rot. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra doesn't add much sweetener to their music...which pleases me greatly. "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" and the BNL/Sarah MacLachlan version of "We Three Kings"/"Merry Gentlemen" are really all that I can stand without flinching. Y'know, during their off season, they're called Psychic Fusion? Or so I've heard, at any rate. And that's just fair nifty, y'know? What I wouldn't give to see 'em live...

I've decided to throw in with the rest of 'em- I'm not going to college, I'm going to play a kazoo in a garage band, and tour the world. We'll call ourselves "We Don't Need No College, Yo" and we'll be an international success.

waaaauuuuuuugggghhhh.

No comments: