Wednesday, December 18, 2002

college is making me sick. nauseous and ickly sick.

fuck it. i'm not getting in to bryn; you might ask how i know this and then chalk it up to me selling myself short; i would disagree, because there's a very logical reason for this. i am not getting in to bryn because i took standard history last year, and am taking no history this year.

at our admissions workshop, the application that we looked at that was rejected was rejected solely because the girl did not take a science class her senior year. that's a no-no for a liberal arts college.

at my interview, maureen specifically asked about my lack of a history class.

so, no dice. not getting in. don't want to go to college. it makes me sick. won't get into haverford, for the same reason. won't get into holyoke, either. nor wesleyan. (*now* i'm just being pessimistic. being honest about the sick part, though.)

Jen got into Swarthmore. Becky got into Bryn Mawr. Selena and Hallie got into Carleton. Emily got into Columbia. Sharri got into Cornell. Mike, Jamie, and Ronnie all got deferred from Georgetown. (I am sad, but not particularly surprised.)

I have cookies to bake, now. no one is getting any actual presents from me until after the holiday, you see. i have no money, having spent it all on pottery.

i still feel sick.

No comments: