Monday, December 09, 2002

I'm quite convinced that if I ever met someone exactly like me one of several things might happen: a) we'd hate each other b) we'd fall in love c) we'd stare at each other for a moment, and then pointedly ingore each other for the rest of our lives.

No in between. I've come to the rather uncomfortable conclusion that among the people that I know, I am unique, and despite what all those self esteem programs may have tried to convince me of, I don't really think I like it.

Pardon me, I'm sounding like a pompous ass...my apologies. I can't shake the feeling, though- some day I'm going to find someone I can feel comfortable whining at, so I won't have to keep whining at myself, quietly, in private. What's that you say? Don't I whine often enough here? Indeed. But that's all superficial...as most things are.

I'm being bitter again, aren't I? I apologise again. I'm also being cryptic, but I enjoy being cryptic to a rather frightening extent. (It would explain why I can't write anything with a simple, straightforward plot or backstory- it all has to be needlessly complicated...and I always have to be needlessly closemouthed.)

I'm just tired, that's all. It's late, relatively. And it's been a long day. A fairly good day, but long.

No comments: