Friday, August 23, 2002

Well, here's hoping that "system maintanence" means they'll fix my account. I don't know why I bother, anymore. I mean, scribble not only required payment, but the server is down all the time. *scowl* Me and my damned sentimental attatchements. I liked the setup, that's all. It was easy to deal with. And it's the same with freeservers; when I first signed up, they had really good service, plenty of space, it didn't crash, no pop-ups, just the one banner (and I've always hated pop-ups more than banners, honestly), but now they've nearly cut my space in half, pop-ups abound, the banner has gotten uglier, and it crashes when I try to update. Oh, and enetation- wtf? Why won't you work anymore? Yaaaaaaarrrrrgggg!

I sure know how to pick 'em, eh? I'll be getting my own domain soon, though. If I don't I'll be forced to stab myself in the eye. (I just have to work up the nerve to ask for one, and it will be forthcoming. But I hate asking for things. Hate it.) Also a new journal service, as I can't take this anymore; it's possible that the same thing happened all the other times the server went down, and my timing was good enough that I didn't have to see it happen, but when I sign in, I don't want to see "journal entry #1" at the top of the page when I've written over 200. It doesn't make me happy. So I'll back up the rest of my entries when everything gets back on line (and if they aren't there I will throw a major tizzy fit involving death, doom, destruction, and damnation, not to mention a bit of pain and suffering and harassment on the side), and then I'll move elsewhere. Everything will be okay. It will. (The basis of working magick is force of will and positive thinking; if you think it hard enough, an it harm none, it will happen. In theory. Mayhap I should stir up a batch of holy water and bless Lulu.)

My finger is okay, too. Nasty burn blister, but it's all bandaged and salved, and it doesn't hurt excruciatingly much anymore, though holding a pencil is a little bit awkward and uncomfortable. Typing, too, is a bit awkward, but I can manage. Stupid ovens. The things I have to suffer for a batch of cookies, I tell ya...*grouse*

No comments: