Friday, August 02, 2002

So, I was thinkin', since I was seriously feelin' the lack of a costume at shoujocon...
For the next con I go to, I may cosplay Amelia from Slayers. The only problem with this is that I've never actually made a real costume before, and it's been years since the last time I went trick or treating at halloween...that and Amelia's costume would most likely look three different kinds of ridiculous on me. "Does this cloak make my thighs look fat?" And her outfit's all white. I hate white. (I know, I know, why would I want to cosplay her then? I'm getting to that...)

Huh. The costume's pretty simple, though- a lot less complicated than I thought. The only difficult thing might be making the cloak, as it would have to be lined somehow. and attatching it, as no picture I have found has given me a good idea of how exactly it is attatched. Magic, perhaps. I'll make do with crazy glue or lots and lots of thread. Mmm, sewing machines.

Regardless of how I may actually look in it (I know I can get my hair to do the silly upturn thing; it does that on its own now...) or how difficult it may be, it'll still be a great deal of fun. You know why? THERE WILL BE JUSTICE!!!

That an I can memorize all the mantras for the spells and threaten to Dragon Slave anyone who ticks me off. You know, my friends, the world, Lulu...

Hee. I dunno, I just realized how very well I identify with the first season Amelia...and that's kinda sad, I suppose. Eh, well. Who cares?

No comments: