Saturday, August 24, 2002

New favorite song is that "One Last Breath" by Creed thing. I don't really like Creed- I couldn't stand "With Arms Wide Open" and "Higher" got overplayed (never mind that, at a certain point in time, I could be found in a bowling alley playing an air guitar to that riff- you know the one- while screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs. That was before they played it too much.) and I've listened to one of their albums and didn't particularly care for it.

One Last Breath is fun because it reminds me of Boffo for some reason, and because in the beginning when whatsisname is singing really low, I can just barely hit the notes, and it amuses me to do so. (I am easily amused. You know that. I know that. Why are you questioning it?)

Also. It rained again last night...and it's been drizzling and misting all day, and it's cold and humid and delightfully autumn-like, and we all know autumn is the best season of the year, right? I was just thinkin', though- when I graduate from college, summer vacation will cease to exist (unless I go into teaching, which has the same odds as me running away and joining the circus as a trapeze artist...but wait, those are pretty good odds. The same odds as a hamster's chance in hell, then. Because a snowball would survive just fine.) and then autumn will no longer have the same connotation for me. It'll still be the best time of year. Cooling weather, colorful leaves, rain...(not to mention Halloween, my birthday, and peach pie. mmm...)

Everything looks very, very green right now. Even the dead grass; it's so overcast and wet that the sky looks green, reflecting off the trees. Beautiful.

No comments: