Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Boffo Babble-
You know, it did start off with the intent of being a stupid sappy romance story.
Jubal and Radueriel are probably my favorite couple, though, since Tyler and Opal are frustrating and give me a headache. There really aren't many other couples- no, wait, yes there are. Or rather, there are many relationships that could've progressed into couples had I felt like it. (I think about these things way too much.) Lessee if I can't list 'em...

Jubal/Radueriel; Tyler/Opal; Dei/Opal (it was there! For half a paragraph of one chapter, but it was there!); Cara/Jance (that's a behind the scenes thing- now, if you were reading too much into this, you'd wonder why I put Cara first; there really isn't any reason for it, but let's face it, Jance is a wuss either way and she'd still be dominant); Catenus/Leala; Catenus/Radueriel; Leala/Karolus; Karolus/Aislin (though there were so many power struggles there that I couldn't tell you who'd be dominant...); Karolus/Cara; Lucifer/Radueriel; Lilith/Lucifer; Lilith/Radueriel (this might show up as a flashback; it's not what it looks like though- you have to keep in mind the non-gender thing when dealing with 'em); Lucifer/Jubal (it's one sided on Luci's part- Jubal is actually reasonably straight *cough*.); Dei/Shade (that one just makes me shudder at the very concept, though...which is why it didn't happen.). I think that's all of them. All the important ones, at any rate.

Jubal and Radueriel have the best chance for a happy future, I suppose. Tyler and Opal- well, since they've popped up elsewhere in other snippets of stories around here, I'm doubting they'll come to a happy end. (Sometimes I just fucking hate that I'm so cynical...rarely, though.) Either that or they'll just be boring and in love, and I honestly don't care about that. Possibly the only reason I like the bard and the angel so much is the way they fit into Poe's "The Raven". If anybody in my damn story had a theme poem, it would be them. I mean, come on. I wasn't even thinking about it when I made Jubal do his polymorphing stunt, but here we have this guy, pining over his lost love, being tormented by this stupid bird over his door who keeps on reminding him that he'll never see his precious angel Lenore again.

Damn. I swear I wasn't even subconsciously thinking about it when I was writing Boffo! Gah! Regardless, Radueriel goes by the name of Lenore Von Engle when she's human, because the similarities amuse her, too. That and Lenore is much easier to say than Radueriel. Jubal acquires the last name Poe, since Lamechsson is unweildy and I don't know any other way to translate it, and there you go. I still don't really know why I like them so much. (Possibly because they're both utterly wacked in the head and Len wins the prize for most abused character ever, no really just pat her on the head. Dei's the close runner up for that award, but only because I decided not to do half the things to him that I could have done, ie the whole Dei/Shade thing. *shudder*)

Y'know what I think it is? I just have this thing about main characters- I don't usually like them. At all. Not even my own. Maybe especially my own...Hm. But I always gush over supporting characters and less major characters...dunno why.

No, this had no point. But you can tell me which couple y'all think is less annoying than the others if you like. (No, I'm not blatantly hinting anything. Why on earth would I do that?)

No comments: