Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Dammit, I didn't pay a buck fifty just for scribble to not work all the time! *snarky grin* Oi!
Eh, well. Busy day, today. Very busy. There was much walking. Far more walking than there ought to have been; we walked from 31st and 7th to 82nd and 5th. And then we walked back. That's from 31st to 82nd. Both ways. You can throw things at me for being stupid, now.

But! On to the half formed ideas.

Arii Vahine
Her name is Tahitian for "Queen of Beauty" or something to that effect. It's also the title of a very small Gougain watercolor and sketch involving a reclining goddess.

Arii is arrogant, naturally; she automatically assumes that the universe will arrange itself to suit her needs, and somehow, it always does. No one questions her orders, no one even thinks of denying her anything; even the weather always seems to accomodate her, and if it should be a bright and sunny day, trees will lean over to shade her.

This does not prevent her from being an absolute and utter bitch, though. Nothing is perfect, not the weather, not her clothes, not her coworkers, not the gourmet eight dollar latte from the specialty coffee shop on the other side of town that she sent someone to get- nothing. Least of all herself. However, Arii is much less vocal with her own self-criticism, and thus everyone hates her as long as she isn't in the same room as they are. Once in her presence, it's impossible not to love her. The constant adoration isn't enough to keep Arii from having the niggling little feeling that she is unwanted and worthless. This tends to make her irritable- and when she's irritable she's a bitch and a half and things have this nasty tendency to burst into flames or crumble into ash around her.

In reality she is some sort of goddess, though at the moment I'm writing all of this off the top of my head while searching for winamp skins, so I've honestly got little to no idea what I'm talking about. The title of the painting just sounded nice, and it seemed like it would make an excellent name for someone. Kinda like Nimita, or Icarus, who may or may not end up in the same place in the end. Who knows? It's a mystery!

...Wow. I just referenced Shakespeare in Love. I feel dirty.
And...I have decided, that no matter what skin winamp pulls on "Ordinary World", it will somehow manage to make me react in a manner most angsty. Come on, that song is insanely melancholic. Melancholic, not melancholy. If I learned one thing in tenth grade English, it was that melancholic was actually a word.

And now I'm trying to figure out how I managed to use insanely and 'melancholic' in the same sentence. *scratches head* Wow. I'm just gonna...you know, stop. 'Fore I give myself a headache. (The feet? They still hurt. Oh, yeah.)

No comments: