Thursday, August 08, 2002

'Nother minor bit of Boffo Bable:
If it were real, and I had to cast people...
If Heath Ledger lost the accent, he'd make an excellent Tyler. And the fact that I can see Julia Stiles playing Cara or Opal either means that I don't know of enough young actresses, or I've been thinking about 10 Things I Hate About You too much. I would want Sean Connery or Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellan to play Albion. Or some sort of evil hybrid of the three of them. *_* Oooh, that's evil. If it were possible to make Sean Connery look young and have him lose the accent, he could play Karolus. And if John Cusack weren't so nice and ineffectual, he too, might make a good Karolus. Were he twenty years younger, he'd be almost perfect for Dei if he didn't always act so neurotic. (Must keep in mind that Karolus and Dei both look much younger than they are; Tyler looks much older.) Huh. For a while I thought that Adrian Brody might do for Dei, but now I realize that, no, that wouldn't work, even if I think he was the evil half of Ewan McGregor in Six Ways to Sunday. And trying to find a real life version of Dei just seems like blasphemy. Haley Joel Osment could play Lucifer as a kid- we all knew he was evil, right? As for Jance...*snort* Hayden Christiansen. (I'm gonna regret writing that, I know I am...) Just because he was such a whiny little bitch in Star Wars. Only his hair is too stupid. So, maybe Orlando Bloom. Maybe.

Okay, I've got it- Uma Thurman would be Leala, or maybe Nicole Kidman, and whoever was left over could be Cara. That would leave either Julia Stiles or that actress with the really long eastern Eurpopean last name who hasn't acted in that many things but would look the part quite well I think for Opal. I can't remember her name and I can't really remember what she looks like. Eh.

Somebody remind me why there are so many characters? When I started, there were only two. Now, there are more than two. Oh, so many more than two...

Oooh, ooh, random thought! Matt Damon and Ben Aflek could play Tyler and Dei, just for the sheer amusement factor! (Tho, if I wanted sheer amusement factor, I'd just stick Adam Sandler in some random place, and be done with it.) Damon would make a good adult Lucifer, though. (Thinks about Dogma.) Aflek could certainly be Sariel, I guess...if that particular angel ever chose a human form. Alannis Morisette would, naturally, be god, who would not be appearing in this film.

*thinks* Hm. There are too many characters that are impossible to cast- it would amuse me to no end to have Julia Roberts playing Radueriel, but I'd still never find anyone to play Dei, so the whole idea is out. T'was fun while it lasted, though...

No comments: