Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Okay, so I lied. I didn't drop off the earth- y'know what I heard/saw/whatever the other day?

"If life didn't suck so much, we'd fall off the face of the earth."

Just something to keep in mind when things start to suck a lot. Just unglue your feet with a dose of unreality (preferably not the drug induced sort, but hey, whatever blows yer hair back (gale force winds, 90mph. otherwise, it's stuck to my skull ~_^) or somethin') and kick back and watch the stars. They all have names, you know.

And...this isn't my computer. I'm on the space- er, work station in the office, since daddy dearest left his laptop in the good old US of A while he's traipsing about the Nordic regions. *blinkblink*

I still think being a rock beneath the sea might be kinda cool, though. Aside from the whole not being able to move, see, feel, what-have-you, and the fact that I'd probably have fish shitting on me all the time, that is.

But hey, that's life,right? You sit there for a while, and if you sit still for too long, you end up covered in shit.
Ooh, silly anecdote time- and it's true, this one is. Names concealed under the carpet for anonymity.

A pregnant woman was doing the typical pregnant woman picky eater thing, and she insisted that her husband take her to this snazzy French restaurant in the DC area. Hubby, being fed up and none to patient with his sweetums, agreed despite the outrageous prices. But upon sitting down at the table and looking at the menu, the wife looked more than a little green. So she just ordered a glass of water, while her husband ordered a steak- after all, if she wasn't eating, somebody had to. The waiter simply gave her a look, you know the kind, the ones that say "Faugh, you silly peon woman!" What he actually did say to her, was "What is zee kind of water that madam would like?" Woman-with-a-baby gives him a look of her own, one that says "You think I got this fat from eating twinkies? You see the homicidal gleam in my eye?" And what she says, after listening to the waiter list bottled waters and mineral waters and the silly fizzly waters that taste like rotten lemons, with a twitch of her eyelid "Just. Get. Me. A. Glass. Of. Water. From the tap. Now." And the waiter, looking horribly offended, rears himself up into full snooty waiter mode, and says in a venemous hiss,
"Madam, fish sheet in zat water!"

That's all. I have nothing more to say right now. I think I inhaled too much nonsense at yoga- I mean, insense. Whoops. ^_^

No comments: