Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Oh, that latest play at McCarter? Fucking disturbing. Like watching a poisonous snake. Gave me nightmares about abuse and bugs and other things like that. Not fun.

The acting was incredible, naturally. But it wasn't Edward Albee; it was a Bogosian, and it was intense. I'm never looking at a cell phone the same way again...

Supposedly, it was scheduled to premier (world premier, no less) at the beginning of the season, but 9-11 made that impossible...you'd understand that better if you'd seen the play, but again, it was intense. I don't normally get nightmares from McCarter. *sniff* I wanna see Design for Living again...(mmm, threesome. *giggle*) Or School for Scandal; no, wait, The Midnight Governess. That was some witty repartee. (Sucks that I can't quote it...I'll find the script somewhere, because the English lesson must be heard/read to be believed...woo!)

I'm tired of angst for the moment, you see. I'm tired in general, but a happy play at McCarter would've been just the thing to end third quarter and the season. *sigh* Guess we can't all get what we want, eh? (Meh, I've got to start getting ready for Run-a-Muck. Bleerch.)

No comments: