Thursday, April 11, 2002

Ah! I'm not going to forget this time!

I was at Walmart a few weeks ago, for some reason or other- I think to pick up envelopes or something (you'd expect them to be with the stationery and such, wouldn't you? No, they're by the party favors. Why, God, why?) but in the end I got a pack of those delightful Pentel RSVP pens that I love so dearly. (Mmm, sketchy, leaky thin lines...yum.) Anyway, I walked into Walmart directly behind a man.

Obviously, this isn't a particularly revelating fact- the Walmart that I was at is located in a place that we usually refer to as The Land That Time Forgot (that also refers to the northern midwest, in case you were wondering). This man was very tall, with something of a sketchy beard, a very long pony tail, and cute little oval glasses. He was wearing a floor length black leather trenchcoat, a black leather vest, a blue gray dress shirt, black pants, and shiny black shoes with buckles. He was also wearing a black cowboy hat.
...
You don't understand- I took one look at him and the first thing I thought was that he'd wandered off a movie set. The second thing I thought was "IRVINE!" because really, they could've been brothers. (Shut up, do not mock my dorkiness, just accept the fact that I saw the brother of a video game character in Walmart.) He did not, however, have a drawl. But the woman and the little girl he was with were both wearing their Sunday best- heels and a rather short black skirt for the lady, white mary-janes and frills for the sprog.

It was weird, that's all. And highly amusing- I didn't think we had people like that in New Jersey. I just felt that I had to mention it, because it really was funny. (But since he looked like Irvine it was also crazy-nifty, since I'm a dork like that. But still.)

No comments: