Tuesday, April 16, 2002

*dusts off soapbox, sets up stepladder, climbs up*

Okay, I know this has been said many, many times before, by many, many people. But I'm going to say it anyway. "Goldfish" is not a term of endearment, honest! And, you know what goldfish are? They're carp. Which means, in my twisted version of the English language (English being your native language, dear fanfiction writer, though the shadow of doubt is cast upon that fact by the huge, glaring, and incomprehensible grammar errors you have committed!) you have just insulted someone! You have just called them a carp, thereby calling them the equivalent of a piece of shit. I seriously don't think that's what you meant to write, dear fanfiction writer.

So, please, unless you're writing about a koi pond, stop using the word "koi" in your stories. Please. (And by koi pond, I do not mean a pond full of mer-bishounen...) *climbs off soap box, trips on the way down, hits the dirt* Aw, carp- I mean, koi!

No comments: