Monday, May 20, 2002

Okay, so I, like nearly every other bouncing fangirl on the web, have toyed with the idea of an otaku (fan-made) senshi team. Yes, I'm talking about Sailor Moon, and yes, I freely admit this. I am not ashamed. (much.) For a while they were really, really popular, and some were well done while others were...armies of clones. Kinda scary, since they wore short skirts and not storm trooper uniforms. But anyway.

My otaku senshi ideas all usually had really obscure, or really weird themes. Like the Hell Senshi; this was actually one of my ideas that I really liked, but I never wrote anything for them. Sailor Elysium, Sailor Tartarus, Sailor Asphodel (toldya I could be obscure), Sailor Gehenna, Sailor Nifleheim, and one other whose name I can't remember right now. And this particular team had a story; the three Greco-Roman based senshi (Elysium, Tartarus, and Asphodel) were really powerful, but they were the three teenage girl main characters who didn't know about their powers. (Typical, now hush.) The Senshi whose name I can't remember was the leader of the evil Hell senshi (technically all six of them were meant to be a team, but one half was clueless and the other half was Up to No Good and stuff...), and she awakened the latent powers within the three girls (Elly, Tara, and Delilah. Never claimed to be original, or creative.) and blew stuff up. A lot of stuff got blown up in this story, as I remember.

It didn't make much sense (still doesn't), and I couldn't figure out a motive for the evil half of the team, so I never actually wrote anything. I drew the main characters, though (they were my first attempts at drawing using an actual tutorial to help me- there's a huge marked difference between my pictures of the three Hell Senshi and everything else I'd drawn before them. It's kinda neat, actually...), and they had really funky color schemes and crazy fuku designs. Like, black with lots of stripes, and hair styles that could rival the Great Pyramids in the monumental task of their building.

This had no point, naturally. Maybe I'll tell you about some of my other Sailor Senshi ideas...(and there were a lot of them...like, eight. At least. With histories and enemies and love interests and everything. Including a Sailor Earth and Sailor Sun, because really now, who doesn't do one of them?)

No comments: