Sunday, May 26, 2002

I am fire.

I am dancing, I am singing; my fingertips light the stars aglow and my feet, the ground ablaze. My dance will catch you watching, though you tear your eyes away. I am red and I am orange, I am heat and I am light, I am kinetic, I am moving, I am blue and I am white.

You can look, but do not touch, for while I seem winsome and friendly I will burn you with unbated frenzy 'til I've eaten you away. My eyes, so blue, so bright and lovely, they hide the truth: That I am hungry, ever starving, ever feeding on all that lives and what does not. I will eat the world out from within, swallow it up from without, and still cry and crackle for more until there is nothing left but for me to eat myself. And then there will be nothing left to dance but gray black ash upon the wind, a wind that I created and forgot.

I am doomed to this but still I hunger, doomed but still I dance. I am dangerous and angry, and I will kill if given the chance. But stay away and I will feed you, in the only way I can. My light will warm and guide you and melt your loneliness away. My dance will heal the frostbite of your soul.

I am freedom, though contained, I am reckless, though held back. I'll behave though it will chafe me, until you grow careless, unafraid. Then when you are sighing, when you turn your back as I am dying, I will leap and then be free.

Do not forget; I am fire. I was here first, and while you may think you hold me chained, I will always come back. And it will be me, dancing towards the stars that are my brothers, that will dance you to ashes in the end.

I am fire. I am heat and I am light, I am movement all kinetic, I am burning blue and white.

I am
fire.

No comments: