Sunday, May 12, 2002

It seems to me that drunk people are really no fun at all unless you yourself are drunk as well. And that's even less fun, really.

When making a martini, a "shaken" martini is mixed with crushed ice, so it gets diluted as it chills because the crushed ice melts faster. "Stirred" means it's mixed with ice cubes and a stirring stick to chill it, which means that the alcohol isn't as dilute. So a stirred martini is stronger than a shaken one.

So, in otherwords, James Bond is a weenie. But I don't think he could handle one of Kev's martinis shaken or stirred; that stuff's nasty, no two ways about it.

Other tidbits of alcoholic information: Everclear is grain alcohol, 190 proof. That means it's got a five percent difference in concentration compared to methanol, the stuff that'll kill you if you drink it. Why Kev has two bottles of the stuff may seem a tad bit odd until you realize that he uses it to make saffron liqueur after cutting it with spring water from 95% alcohol to a mere, piffling 30% alcohol, nearly the equivalent of a good bottle of rum.

Why he became an engineer and not a bartender, I will never know.

I also wanna know why I could get away with drinking champagne but not strawberry daquerries. Sh, I know I'm underage and I don't even like alcohol; it was a special occasion. S'not like I spiked the drink mix with the everclear or anything, but from the way they carried on you'd think I had. *snort* Like I said, I don't even like alcohol. Naturally, expressing this sentiment would lead all members of my family to believe that I had been adopted.

No comments: