Wednesday, November 19, 2003

One might almost think I was trying to kill myself. Really.

Running a low-grade fever right now- only about 100, maybe 101 but certainly no higher.

And you know why I'm running a low grade fever? Because I haven't had anything to drink all day, aside from a single odwalla in the afternoon.

See, the thing with that is that me and the dehydration thing? So not working. At least two liters of water/fluid a day, otherwise I end up with some nasty sinus headaches, fever, generalized malaise, and possibly internal bleeding but they never actually diagnosed that. I can get away with a liter and a half, but 450 mL? Not gonna happen. Not when I'm just recovering from the mess that was last week, and the mess that has been this whole month. Keep in mind that I still have a dozen or so bottles of water under my bed; I just haven't gotten any out. There's even some water left in a bottle on my desk, within arms reach. To top it all off, it's raining again, so I could just sit outside and absorb water through my skin. That helps, even if it's not quite as satisfying as actually drinking anything. (Fun fact: a fifteen minute shower or bath is about the equivalent of 8oz of water. So theoretically, if you stayed in the tub for two hours, you'd fill your fluid quota for the day.)

Y'know how sometimes you get so hungry the thought of food makes you sick? Yeah. That, and my mouth is stuck shut. >_< Please, feel free to call me an idiot.

(This is me being dramatic an fishing for pity that I most certainly don't deserve. Ignore it.)

In other news, since I'm being self destructive, I haven't been getting much done, aside from the excessive watching of music videos and anime. Go me, with the productivity. I think I'll just copy my collection of amvs to CD and hand it out to people, cuz I've got way too many that everyone needs to see. Like the Bebop/James Bond one. Oooh, shiny. And the Bebop/Gorillaz one. Ooooh, Ed. (Way too much Bebop, without a doubt.) And then there's my half a dozen Final Fantasy AMVs, all of which achieve varying levels of shininess, but the O Fortuna remix kicks the ass of all of them. I mean, damn. That's some hot shit, right there.

I've also decided that I must own the FFAnthology, for the sole purpose of seeing the intro and ending fmv of FFVI. 'Cuz now that I've seen clips, I must see the whole thing. It's necessary for my continued existance. (Sadly, the FMV CD seller on ebay doesn't have any of the earlier FF stuff...but I am bidding on a VII, VIII, and IX CD so I can take as many screen caps as my heart desires.

Mirage of Blaze? Still sucking out my soul. Aside from its sheer pretty-factor and twisty, historical referencing plot, it's got reincarnation, and we all know I'm all for that. The characters are wonderful (I'm still cracking up over the fact that the most interesting female character was originally a man) and there's some snarky cynical humor that's just spiffy (can you tell I'm bordering on incoherency? Cuz I am. Dehydration, you know.) and hey, it's got teh gay, so what more do you need? (Because, as we all know, het is icky.)

Heh. Naoe is cool, though Chiaki/Nagahide is definitely the most badass for reasons that I can't exactly articulate. He brings me outrageous joy, and he's not even one of the main characters. Takaya brings me joy as well, cuz he knows he's in love with Naoe and just won't admit it to himself. *shakes head* Ah, repression. And angst! Takaya definitely has the market cornered on unrealized angst- he'd be wallowing if he could just get over that whole amnesia thing. Instead, he snarks, which is even better.

I've hit the halfway point without getting much of a feel for the Evil; there's Kousaka, he of the purple lipstick and excessively shiny pants, and then there's Ranmaru of the squeaky-clean underclassman 'look at me I could double as Aziraphale'. Seriously. I find it hard to respect the evil when one of them wears make up and the other looks like he's twelve, not when the good is so ridiculously sexy and badass (ignoring, for the time being, Chiaki's silly ponytail and Yuzuru's disgusting niceness).

Yeah. I'll just be obsession over here, you can ignore me...think I'll probably get to changing the layout soon, now that I've figured out how to make it work in netscape. *rolls eyes* The yellow is getting to me, though. Something in green next, I think. Hmm...

No comments: