Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Huh. Yes, I am a music video addict. I dunno if I've mentioned it before, but "Stress", Jim's Big Ego? Wonderful, wonderful song, and I love it and don't understand why no one else seems to share my enthusiasm for it. It's also the perfect Spike/Bebop song. It just is. Listen, and you'll see. And it suddenly hit me one day that Stress would make an awesome Bebop amv.

Lo and behold, someone actually made one. And it's great. *happyhappy*

Then there's the MoB amv to "Possession", which really just makes me wish I had the whole series now, instead of just the first five episodes. It only gets prettier. *drool*

And, continuing in my quest to recreate the musical atmosphere of my middle school and early high school experience, I've got an FFVIII amv to "Everything You Want", starring Squall and Rinoa. Ick, I know, but it's pretty and it works pretty well with them. (Works better with Squall and Seifer, but whatever...)

"Bittersweet Symphony" and Bebop go together pretty well too...but it's just kinda random.

Nothing beats "Right Now", Asuka the Black Knight, or Men in Black, but still. I'm rather pleased with my little collection of amvs. They make me happy.

I'm just hoping that whoever did Devil Went Down to Georgia to Trigun did a good job; it's taking a while to download.

Someone needs to explain to people that no, Jewel does not go with Cowboy Bebop, and no, Shinji and Asuka are not a match made in Heaven. Seriously. Cuz, dude, that's just sick. (And we all know Shinji and Kaworu are really soulmates, anyway.)

The tendency to pair Samurai X with excessively dramatic bits of music (Transiberian's Carol of the Bells, O Fortuna, Duel of the Fates, Liberi Fatali...) amuses me.

I so should not have downloaded the Evangelion/Doom Song amv. That was just...wrong. Horribly, terribly, immensely wrong. And I'm sure I could've done better, had I the software. But...wrongness.

Inu Yasha is far too popular; I don't know why I dislike it so intensely, but I do. Prolly has something to do with the fact that it *is* so popular, and has run for multiple seasons and is basically a 'monster of the week' kind of show. That annoys me. Yah, yah, I know it has a plot, but Kagome irritates me and Inu Yasha himself pisses me off more than he should. *shrug*

Mmm, Papa Roach and Final Fantasy are a yummy combination. And when you think about it, as girly as he is, Kuja is really the most successful badass villain since Golbez. I mean, you kill Sephiroth before he does too much, and Seifer is never more than a miniboss, but Trance Kuja not only has style, but he's mean and he kicks some serious ass.

I am far too addicted to these things...

Floundering again. We'll see if I make it home in one piece, with my gpa still intact.

No comments: