Thursday, November 20, 2003

Damnit, that just isn't fair. *sigh* Ishin-digital only fansubbed the first six episodes of MoB. So I have a very nice, high quality .avi of episode seven...and I have no idea what's going on, aside from the fact that the Reincarnates should forget exorcism and just set the fashion police on Kousaka...and towards the end of the episode Naoe makes a very long and probably important speech, and then pins Takaya to a wall, evidently prepared to have his wicked way with him...only he doesn't (alas) becuase there has to be far more angst and there's no way they could possibly get together before the twelf episode at the very earliest.

I'm just pissed because the only word I could pick out of Naoe's speech at the end was "I". There were a lot of sentences beginning with "I". *sigh* Yeah. Double plus unfair. How dare they liscence the show in the US before the fansubbers finished with it! *weeping* So now I'll have to wait until January, probably, before I can see the rest of it. I could buy the DVDs separately, since they're actually fairly reasonably priced online, but I don't feel like spending $90 on four DVDs when I could conceivably only spend $50 or so on the boxset which will not only give me the whole series, but a nifty box, too. And I'm all for nifty boxes, y'know? The volume 1 box came with stickers. *sigh* It just kinda sucks, though. A lot. Really.

*sulks* I suppose my next series will be The Big O...maybe. Or Nazca, I should really finish watching Nazca. 'Cuz, y'know, it's really just Mirage of Blaze without the gay...and with more spandex. *grin* Too bad I dislike Megumi Hayashibara for destroying Faye in Bebop. Alas. She's far more suited to Yuka, I suppose. Maybe I'll watch Lost Universe, or Utena (though I have objections to that series on it's sheer freaks-me-out factor). Or Star Ocean! Yesss...because, I mean, Ashton. Yay.

I could always try out Gluhen, until the new Schwarz designs make me stab my eyes out with a spork. I don't think I want to let them grow on me; I've formed my own preconceived notions of what the characters are like (and especially what Schwarz is like) and I don't need some strange variation corrupting my idea of what is good and right and true.

Yay, sharp corners and classic style windows! Yay!

Someone needs to make a Sympathy for the Devil Bebop amv. Starring Vicious. Mmm, Vicious. The James Bond one is so amazingly kickass cool it makes me splee. "Bond. James Bond." "Do you expect me to talk?" "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

No comments: