Saturday, June 28, 2003

It is
was
has been?

A year. A year and I blinked and almost missed it even though the pictures are there to accuse me I almost missed it. And still I lie silent, like everyone else. Silence.

There was a time when silence was all I ever wanted. Now, I can hardly stand it.

A year. No tense to describe the proper verb of being; simply, a year, floating aimlessly in the timeline of my own existence...mine, and theirs. Maybe it doesn't float as easily in their memories, maybe it doesn't weigh them down quite so much.

And, as always, there is a song to go with it, a song to serve as the soundtrack to summer. How ironic that the song for summer is titled "Winter".

And I, in blinking, had almost missed the year of summer but for finally listening to the winter once again.

It's enough to make you want to scream.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Congratulations on your site! Really, it's great and as I saw in the first posts it's true that the site's shares and interface are really a boon for styling. Really a big thank you!

Voyance discount