Thursday, October 02, 2003

Having just uploaded two of my icons and a wallpaper to deviantart and downloaded the low-res preview of Advent Children, I can safely say that the concept still makes me cry, but it makes me cry tears of joy.

The flashback of Sephiroth walking through the flames, and Cloud-on-the-beach? Guh. Just- guh. And the fight scene? Guuuh. *droooools* And the motorcycles? Ngh. Guh. *falls over* *dies* *dies very happy, but not in complete bliss because it doesn't come out til next summer*

If Square-Enix doesn't translate it in some way, I will commit ritual suicide. Or, at the very least, pout a great deal.

Actually, scratch that. So long as I can get my hands on a copy, translated or not, I will be happy. Even if I have no idea what they're saying, I can still just watch and drool.

But please, oh please don't let this be a Spirits Within repeat. Please. Because it's the sequel to Final Fantasy VII. The game that didn't necessarily revolutionize the genre, but certainly made it far more marketable and mainstream. This isn't exactly a good thing, because it paved the way for some serious crap rpgs. But...still. The game is legendary now.

And, of all the different categories of geek that I could file myself under, I feel that I am, above all, a gamer. A console rpg gamer, if you want to get specific. Of course I'm ridiculously excited and obsessed over this. How could I not be?

No comments: