Sunday, June 19, 2005

spam spam spam spammity spam...

BS4 sucks more than I have words to describe, because Kankurou won't stop talking. >_< I think I'll cut it down to two scenes, though I kind of want to include a brief Sasuke interlude- but I'm tired of this chapter already, and I'm not even done with the Kankurou scene. I need to do a Naruto scene still, and I have no idea what's going to happen in it. *sigh* (I do love Kankurou, but this scene is just dragging.)

Also, it may look like I have a plot, but I really don't. Something needs to actually happen in Konoha while Naruto and Gaara are courting (like butterflies!) and Sasuke needs to actually get something done while he's running, but I've got no idea what. (That's a lie. I have vague ideas, but none of them are important enough to actually include in the story, and the pacing keeps throwing me off.) I hate to be the sort of person who goes back and edits chapters as I go, but I might have to just to keep my continuity happy.

Meanwhile, I'm working on Sand, Wind, and Stone (working title; other possibilites are Sandstorm, Wooden Mask, or Triangle, though I don't like any of them quite as much), because I love the sandsibs. Temari's section is nearly done, Kankurou still won't stop talking, and I can't figure out Gaara's part- but otherwise, I'm quite fond of it. Fair Play is still my best piece of Naruto fic, I think once I'm done with this, I'll like it more than TC,B and it may be better than Fair Play (it's longer, though, and more of a niche piece)...but it's sandcest, sort of, and that still makes me twitch slightly, and is likely to make other people twitch, too. (Why is the Naruto fandom so full of incest? Seriously, people, this is ridiculous.)

I might call it Middle Child, but it isn't just about Kankurou (that's a lie, it totally is). At the moment, it's wordy like whoa, but the parallels make me happy, even if I'm laying it on a bit thick. (Hey, look, it's SYMBOLISM. Did you catch that METAPHOR? Wasn't it PRETTY?)

And, of course, my own imaginings about Sand politics and the color of Kankurou's hair color my view of the three of them, and my writing. ...Hm. I can't call it Tempest, that's the title of another completely awesome sandcest fic by Chevira Lowe...but perhaps there are other Shakespearean things I can steal from. *wanders off to look for quotes. Yay literary pretension!

No comments: