Friday, June 10, 2005

BS babble

I've got nearly 4000 words of BS3 (gourd, I love that I can acronym it like that); I think it will be ready to post by tonight. It would have been done sooner if my wrist hadn't bugged out on me- I can type proficiently one handed, but I need to look at the keyboard while doing it, and that's frustrating.

Sasuke is such a slut. I've finally worked out the Naruto/Gaara angle of the story, and it kills me with its cute- but bringing Sasuke into the equation kills me and the cute. The relationship Naruto and Gaara have is not innately sexual- yes, they have sex (Aside from the demons they contain, they're both teenage boys, after all) but the sex isn't really important to either of them, and their relationship is firmly established long before they ever get that far. They're utterly, adorably in love.

Sasuke sexualizes every relationship he's in (this is why I want to make a Sasuke AMV to "Make a Baby") through no fault of his own. There are a lot of sticky consent issues post-Orochimaru for various reasons, (yay, eyeballs!) and while Naruto might not understand, he can respect the fact that Sasuke doesn't want to be touched- he might not like it, but he can deal. Gaara understands (he's actually got a pretty good handle on other people, since he spends so much time inside his head; he just doesn't know how to respond to them), but he doesn't care. And then there's lots of angst, and things blow up.

(And the whole story is just a setup for the beachfic, which I want to write so badly but haven't because I know I won't do it justice.)

Also, at some point, Sasuke becomes a pirate. (Shut up, it's better than the zombie baby plotline and you all know it.)

Anyway. That's not for another five or six chapters, at least; my original outline had ten chapters, but by the end of chapter three I'll be able to start on chapter two in the outline. >_< Epic. Feh. On the plus side, I'm running out of continuity, so chapters will be shorter and less unweildy. Yay.

No comments: