Friday, March 21, 2003

Right, next time someone stop me before I go reading fanfic for games with ridiculously twisty plots before I finish said games. Just beat me over the head or something. Vagrant Story is going to break my brain, and reading twisted AU fics don't help it any.

By the way, if Guildenstern wears a skirt, then Rosencrantz is a ninny. And Neesa frightens me just a smidge. For some strange reason, I feel the urge to pat Grissom on the head repeatedly- but only so long as his haircut never resembles that of his brother. Duane, sweetheart, I'm not sorry I killed you. That haircut was offensive to god, I promise. Let's see, what else, what else...if the two main characters weren't so very badass, I'd never be able to forgive the fact that they both have girl's names...And it occurs to me that if one were to cross Ashley's pants with Sydney's pants...they wouldn't be wearing anything at all. And that is just plain disturbing. I mean, I thought Kuja's thong was bad, but at least he had scarvey things floating around.

Not, of course, that it isn't a...refreshing...change to see the male characters being objectified instead of the female characters, but it doesn't make it any less wrong. I don't think I've obsessed this much over clothing designs in general in a game since FFX, but at least in X they costumes were all consistent, barring Lulu's...dress. Then again, one just has to remember that VStakes place in southern France, and it all makes sense. The wacky fashion industry started in the fourteenth century, and it began with assless pants. *thwaps forehead*

Still, the fact that he's French only makes Rosencrantz more of a ninny. I keep expecting random red-shirts to put on round helmets and start threatening to taunt me a second time-ah! *snicker* At which point Ashley would probably freak out and have another flashback, with more Extra Creepy Ghost Children in it. Or there'd be another earthquake. Or a hidden cutscene involving Mullencamp and a bunch of line dancing zombies. (Who else thought the sword on her head was just a little bit silly? Come on, you know you did...) *blinkblink* There's too much potential for severe and mind bending wrongness in this game. I love it.

At the very least, I'll be cracking jokes at myself for a very long time. At the most, I'll start writing very random snippets of StreamOfConscious!Ashley or Insane!Mullencamp or Pathetic!Hardin...because I enjoy putting exlamation points between words instead of spaces. And because there's so much angst potential there that it will be difficult not to tap into it. *evil cackle*

1 comment:

susane said...

Thank you for sharing this useful information! Hopefully you will continue with the kind of things you do.

voyance gratuite mail