Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I blame it on my own stupidity that my characters tend to be more violent than snarky. Easier to just have them hit each other than to come up with decent dialogue, you know.

When I finally decided on a plot and characters for Stella Maeroris (bloody zombies), I'd wanted to write a story that wasn't centered around sex. It isn't, surprisingly enough, since both main characters are completely asexual. It doesn't look that way, of course, since the one feels a compulsive need for physical contact and the other can only deal with emotions by obsessing over them.

It's still a story that is, at it's most basic level, about the emotional interaction between two people.

I'm incapable of writing something that has one main character, a single protagonist. This irritates me, because I hate being that transparent, even (or perhaps especially) in my fiction writing.

No comments: