Tuesday, January 18, 2005

December Notes part 3

Further wanktasticity!

21 Hilarious. I love Samurai Champloo, and I love Mugen. I love Jin, too, but Mugen's easier to think like, and he has metal plated zori. Episodes 13 and 14 made me love Mugen so hard that I had to write him a drabble because sometimes his life just sucks.

22 Stalker. This started out as just a character study for Vaz so I could get a better idea of him in my head, but then I decided that the story would need an actual plot, and that plot could use stalkers. So I threw in a narrator and bam! I had a useable piece of writing.

23 Happy Birthday. I really, really love future-fics. They're one of my guilty pleasures, but I rarely like the ones that other people write- I just like the concept of them. I also adore Shino and Jin, despite all the sexual tension between Jin and Mugen. This fic would have eventually turned into Fuu preparing for Mugen's birthday and paying him back those hundred dumplings she owes him. It got longer than I wanted it to, however, but the original idea was excessively cute.

I mostly just like the thought of Jin having lots and lots of kids, and all of them would spend most of their free time tormenting Mugen, who hates kids but secretly likes them.

24 Doggy Biscuit. I have now watched Van Helsing far too many times. I have nothing more to say.

25 Happy Holidays. Well, Sonya likes crossovers, and for some reason this worked in my head. I don't actually condone Light/L as a pairing, but it can be silly at times, and silly is good.

26 Eclipse. Stella and Walker are kind of cute together; Walker is, of course, the zombified version of Brenon, and Stella's need for noise is very reminscent of the person he used to be. (I never wanted Solneki and Mordant to end up fucking. Seriously. They were supposed to bitch at each other and throw fruit at each other and shoot people together, but there was never supposed to be anything sexual between them. I blame this on the fact that neither of them are particularly interested in whoring for the dead, and there aren't any other warm bodies around.) It amuses me that zombie-Bren is less asexual than living-Bren; Walker cares about Stella quite a bit, and the way he cares about her is completely different from the way Brenon cared about Theron.

Stella is off her rocker, and this pleases me.

27 The Good Life. This was originally going to be much longer and would involve various intricacies of the Hyuuga clan's marriage traditions and how Hinata thinks she'll eventually end up married to Neji and a member of the branch house. And, being told from Kiba's perspective, it would involve him not knowing which of his teammates he'd rather marry, Hinata or Shino. I may still write the Hinata/Neji, but I actually don't think Hinata needs a love interest, and I kind of prefer her just being married to her team. (We all know I do love my threesomes.)

I love Team 8. If Team 10 is the most balanced team in terms of the way its members work together, then Team 8 is the team with the most focused purpose. Hinata has her Byakugan, Kiba has his nose, and Shino has his bugs; all three of these are useful for either scouting or infiltration. They're the super-stealth information gathering team- and together, they are unstoppable. (It helps that they have Shino, who is essentially a perfect weapon.)

I'll admit to yoinking again, partly from my own stuff and from Askerian, for the Kiba demanding scratches bit, even if it was Naruto demanding scratches in Askerian's fic. (She writes delicious stuff, by the way. And by delicious I mean hawt.)

Writing this made me realize how much I liked Kiba; he's very open and honest, which makes him easier to get a hold of than Shino, and I like the contrast between them. Saa...I just really love Team 8. No particular reason, though I guess it helps that they're less dysfunctional than teams 7 and 9. *is a Team 8 fangirl*

28 Marriage of Convenience. The marriage scene in the Lemony Snickett movie creeped me out because it was so fundamentally wrong on so many levels. I also kept waiting for Klaus to suggest that she marry him instead, and that also creeped me out. Aside from the trauma of the creepiness that inspired it, this was a mostly pointless drabble.

29 Belief in the Sword. The Carlisles have to find out that their adoptive father is related to supernatural beings eventually. It's Carly who finds out first because Dei doesn't relate well to her. She's never really trusted him, and she's always been at least subconsciously aware of Tristan's crush. This piece was mostly crap and wankery, and didn't turn out the way I wanted it to at all. *shrug*

30 Four Eyes/No Eyes. The Demon Ororon is an awesome series, and it's only four volumes so none of you have any excuse for not reading it. I really liked all of the characters, but I felt obligated to write something about Othello and Mitsume because of the eye thing, and because their situation wasn't resolved in the books. I'm also excessively fond of Yotsuba and his alcoholic ways. I have nothing really to say about this piece; it's another one of my favorites, even if it isn't quite right.

There! Wanking done!

No comments: