Monday, January 24, 2005

Again, excessive Naruto babble.

I've been poking at Sorrows and Rejoicings a bit, trying to figure out how to end it and how to make Orochimaru seem less like a spazz. It's a bit difficult- I really, really don't want to kill Naruto, but leaving him hanging is just kind of cruel. And if he dies, I can at least give it a quasi-happy ending. New beginnings and shite, you know?

The title may change; the current title is taken from the name of a play by Athol Fugard. I saw it a few years ago at McCarter, when John Glover was playing the central character, who had just died of cancer. I know, I can be subtle when I want to be- I just don't always want to be.

New title will probably be something like "Orpheus Driven," which is even more obscure than my usual fare. It's a lyric from the Duncan Sheik song "A Body Goes Down," which is one of my fandom associative songs already- one of Setzer's theme songs. (Setzer shares a number of theme songs with Kakashi, actually, and Tsunade.) It's a depressing song, and the ending lyrics are "Speed on to the next life, speed on," which I think are kind of appropriate. However, "Sorrows and Rejoicings" fits the story amazingly well, too, even if I'm sort of missing all the "rejoicings" in the story right now.

The stupid threesome fic needs a title; maybe once I have one I'll start writing it. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just make a lot of stupid song posts so I can pretend I'm being vaguely productive.

I like to talk about the things I've written far too much; I should spend more time actually writing. Been a little too busy dwelling on things, of course, and on wanting to angst like a whiny bitch over what a useless excuse for a person I am.

I really, really dislike myself right now. I'm talking serious self loathing, here, and I can't quite muster up the energy to be angry at myself for feeling this way. Not that that ever helps, but...

Fuckit.

No comments: