Monday, December 08, 2003

Mmm, Vespers. It always shocks me (even though I know it shouldn't) when people don't know what I consider to be common Christmas carols. It's the Madrigals' fault, you know, with their Carol of the Bells and Wassail Song and O Come, Emmanuel (also St Matthias' fault for being Catholic and singing carols during Advent and all).

When the lights came on at the start of the first carol, my mind just sort of shut down and went "Oh, wow. That's nice. That's very nice. We're just going to stand here and absorb the music for a while. Mmm, musicgasm." And then I got to sing. Huzzah.

And there is nothing (and I do mean nothing) more triumphant, jubilant, or incredible than a trumpet in winter. It's the season for 'em, you know. Brass instruments in general are just more effective in cold weather, I think. Yes, I'm a freak. But the brass are very warm instruments, and bright, which just makes them perfect for warming the soul in winter. Kinda like mulled cider or wine- it's good any time of year, but it's always better when it's snowing.

I really want a picture of Toca Rivera's gnome to use as icon fodder, and I really want to write angsty Saiyuki yaoi ('cuz dude, Sanzo, you're only fooling yourself, we all know you're in loooooove), and I really want to go out and dance in circles in the snow.

Jason Mraz is teh r0xx0r. So is Jesus. The baby Jesus, especially, even though we make him cry on a regular basis. Also, God. Teh r0xx0r, definitely. Michelle Brooks voice is sex, and I'm absorbing Molly's speech patterns at a frightening rate. Since she's absorbed more than a few of mine, it's okay, but still.

My headphones are quite loud right now. 'Tis a happy thing. And because I'm more or less done with the memoir (it has been proclaimed 'cute' by most people) I don't have anything else to do tonight, really. It's a happy thing. Apparently my writing reads like my voice- nasal and annoying. ;)

If Dani doesn't stop trying to eat Seph and all things connected to him, I'm gonna have to take drastic measures. Bubble wrap may be involved.

doop.

No comments: