Sunday, May 04, 2003

Okay, so, Dawn Upshaw? Has an incredible soprano voice, sings opera and the like, takes interviews while scrubbing the kitchen floor. A diva, of sorts.

I've got this CD of her singing all sorts of tunes from the 50's- a lot of Sondheim stuff (yes, I had to look this up, since I hadn't had a clue) and jazz-ish stuff. It's lovely.

Unfortunately, too many of them make me think of Von/Gavin from Song of Shadows, because he's a Drama Queen of the highest degree, and he was secretly a drama major at Mikrell. I think he might have done musical theater for a year before switching into...whatever it was that got him into law school. It's the sort of thing he would do. (Cuz he's a crackhead with too many issues, you see.)

Anyway. "The Saga of Jenny" makes me want to create a music video of sorts, so you should all be glad that it's a fairly short song and that Song of Shadows exists only on paper and in my head. If it were an actual movie or anime, you can bet I'd be whining until someone taught me how to edit video clips. I'll write up something like a script for it later.

I'm having issues with finding lyrics. I will prevail, however. Just not right now. I have homework to do. *sad*
;)

No comments: