Friday, May 23, 2003

Edgar on "Baby Got Back."

*dies* Oh gods...pimp daddy Edgar? No, bad thoughts. Very bad. Never mind my tendencies towards the obscure; this is just ridiculous.

...Juva recognized all my random sketches in school today. Or rather, he recognized Setzer and Sephiroth, and that's more than most people can manage. He draws like Jhonen Vasquez, which amuses me. Of course, he doodled in pen on my Sky and Dark poster sketch...*_* (That would be the Clyde/Setzer thing that I write late at night when extremely tired and feeling random. Because anything involving Setzer is random; he serves Lady Luck, whaddya expect?) I liked the way those sketches came out...even if Clyde's hair was too long. Juva amuses me; he is, in many ways, very much like a male version of me, only he loudly protests that he isn't gay and is too involved in political things. And he's very Jewish, but that's beside the point.

Actually, he isn't really anything like me, but we get along fabulously anyway.

We're reading King Lear in Shakespeare now, you know. Job keeps bringing up the concept of love; it makes me feel distinctly uncomfortable. The other day he asked us if we knew how many people we loved unconditionaly. The bitter, cynical, and angry part of me that seems to get so much more screentime than the rest of me around Job said there weren't any. After giving it a moment of rational thought, I realized that 'unconditional' is a pretty redundant modifier. Doesn't 'love' already imply that you'll forgive them for stupid things? I've always thought of love as being an absolute, I suppose. And I love a great many people, though I would never tack 'unconditional' onto that love, simply because the thought of feeling anything 'unconditionally' feels wrong.

It gives me a headache, thinking these things. It truly does. *sigh* The moment I think I might start to discuss things rationally, intelligently, and thouroughly, I stop. Someday, I'll figure it out. That's what life's for, I suppose.

...Downloaded Open Canvas t'other day. So much nicer for coloring things than photoshop, oh yes it is indeed. Did a headshot of Tanavir, may upload it later. I imagine painter works somewhat the same, with such increased brush sensitivity. Mmm, swooshy. I'd like to do something metallic and bitter...but I shouldn't describe pictures with taste adjectives, they'll make me hungry and confused.

So, a while back I mentioned that I had strippers living in my head? Right. I did, it was months ago, you can surf the archives if you don't believe me. Evidently the world they live in is connected to the world of Seventh Hour, because Marcus has decided to become a chain-smoking, pyromaniac, ex-priest exotic-dancer-type-person. He has a foul mouth, too. Got kicked out of the seminary for pimpage. *d'oi* "That's Marcus fuckin' Aurelius t'you, wolf-boy. On your knees in the Lord and Lady's presence." Ye gods. Good thing he's only a minor character, because I can't even comprehend the property damage a sociopathic Marcus would do. He still lights fires on his fingertips, but he only uses them to light his cigarettes and he still sings the hours, but coming from his mouth now, they only sound obscene.

Bah. Minor character. Minor character. The main characters? One very confused young man (I seem to have a weakness for them) and one not-so-confused younger man with a wolf bite and a wolf smile (I seem to have a weakness for them, too). Plot? What plot? At some point people will start dying, and it'll be Jays' job to find out what's going on before they kill Z'ev, even though Z'ev is almost impossible to kill, him being some sort of elder god in denial.

Wait, wait, I've used that plot device before. No, Z'ev is just irresistably cute. Marcus lights his fingers on fire, Z'ev makes people want to screw him, or at the very least pat him on the head and give him shiny things. He sees the future occasionally, too, which makes him hard to kill. That, and his sister and adoptive family at Aurifex would kick the ass of anyone who tried. Jays is one of those rare people without a talent, or so he thinks. He's very good at finding trouble, though, and lost car keys.

I dunno. The characters interest me, especially the minor characters. One of them is a stray from the Boffo universe; Radueriel's sibling, Judecca. Works in Aurifex and calls himself Jude. Looks like a junkie, is joined at the hip to a guy named Duane who has a two year old daughter and four jobs, including one at Aurifex. May or may not still retain demonic powers. Hasn't told me yet. Don't know anything about Duane beyond the fact that his ex-girlfriend was a complete and utter waste of air, and he's much better off with Jude. ...Thus far there is exactly one straight male in this story, and he's a bartender. Wait, sorry, there's two- Marcus, who occasionally goes into Pimp Daddy Marcus mode, but not around Aurifex, as Joe (bartender, owner, stamp collector) would beat him with his own diamond studded cane.

Yeah. The characters please me a great deal.

I started the story on a whim as a sort of joke that I never expected to go anywhere...and it hasn't gone anywhere, yet, but the characters are creating their personalities and I'm unable to ignore them. The fact that it has decided to become a strange cross-over murder mystery detective story in addition to the original silly romantic thing I'd had it pegged for in the beginning is a moot point; I may never write beyond what I have now (some five or six pages, mostly dialogue, and shitty dialogue at that) but the characters have decided that they're alive.

My imagination is too vivid for my own good, sometimes. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Este blog es perfecto: la informaciĆ³n es siempre de calidad y la escritura impecable es muy agradable de leer.

voyance en ligne