Friday, May 23, 2003

I so desperately wish there were a con in the area this summer. Shojocon is gonna be in upstate new york, because some idiots assaulted a girl, and now for security reasons the entire thing has gone out of state. bastards.

I really just wish there were a con so i could cosplay someone. anyone. Lina Inverse, maybe. I could get a red wig. Or Shippo. I could still get a red wig. ...the temptation to cosplay Setzer is very great. Sadly, that would be one annoying and difficult costume to make; a trench coat does not normally have a collar that will stand up like that on its own, and i'd have to find an appropriately ruffly shirt, as well as cool boots. I'd have to add spangles to everything, find a long silver wig, and apply ridiculous amounts of face paint. And I'd have to learn card tricks.

But, oh, would it ever be fun to be Setzer...hoorah for obscurity! There was a Shadow and a Terra at Shojocon last year. *sigh* Hmm...I could always do Amelia on account of my being small and loud and annoying...I could be Hiei on account of my being short and grumpy. hmm...or...heh. I could be Nagi and threaten people with my super jedi mind powers! ...I mean, telekinesis and evil Schwarz affiliations. I'd do Farfarello in a hot second if I thought I could stand the eye patch, or if I thought I could pull off an Irish accent. Vampire Hunter D? Nah. He's got a cool hat, but the hand thing...not so much.

It's fun to just think of these things...I would dearly like to see someone cosplay Ashley- or Sydney, but I realize how completely unlikely that is. I've heard tales of an Ashton, complete wity Gyoro and Ururun, and that's kinda nifty.

...winamp? Stairway to Heaven? Folken? *dies* Speaking of Folken...now that would be a wonderful bit of cosplay- easy, too, if you just made his silly cloak and got a wig. But then you could always go in depth with it and reproduce the badass Zaibach uniform and the wicked cool metal arm.

If I were a giant rat, I'd cosplay Freya. But I'm not, so alas. If I didn't think he were irritating, I'd cosplay Zidane. But he is, so alas. Vivi! i could always do Vivi- in fact, that would be absolutely perfect- unless I were White Mage. *snicker*

Maaaaaan. I wanna go to a con. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

¡Todos los consejos que compartiste son adorables! Gracias.

voyance gratuite en ligne par Email