Friday, June 14, 2002

The door slammed with enough force to knock it off its hinges; Cara ignored it. It wasn't the first time she'd broken the damn thing, anyway. Jance ignored it too, though it had been slammed in his face. He walked through it, rearranging molecules and shifting into separate realities as necessary.

"Do that again," he said, fury scrawled across his features, "and I'll kill you." His eyes had gone black with rage. "I swear I will."

She smiled sweetly and tossed her pale ponytail over her shoulder, knowing he would stare at it as it swung back and forth. He was easy to manipulate, easy to control; these were lessons she'd learned from her mother when she was barely half a day old. "Go ahead, you asinine shit. It would entertain me for hours to see you try."

"Snide little bitch!" His stride was long; he crossed the room in a moment and stood eye to eye with her. "Bluff all you want, but in the end the only one he would miss is me."

She slapped him; he didn't even blink. "You think you're worth more to him than I am? You wouldn't even be here if it weren't for me."

"I hate you." He narrowed his eyes and pushed her back towards the wall. "I hate you." He placed his palms on either side of her face; his fingers were cool against her cheekbones. His voice dropped to a whisper of venom in her ear. "I hate you."

And then he kissed her, savagely, but she responded in kind, biting down on his lip hard enough to taste wine flavored blood on her tongue. They broke apart, gasping and glaring, with blood seeping out of the corners of their mouths. "One of these days," he growled, winding his fingers through her hair, "I'm going to kill you." He yanked, exposing the long dark curve of her neck.

"Keep talking, brat." She made a noise that was something between a hiss and a moan as he trailed kisses and bites down her neck. "You might convince yourself one of these days." Her nails clawed bloody welts across his face.

Jance growled low in the back of his throat and grabbed her wrists. "One of these days I'll make you shut up..." He pinned her against the wall, blood seeping from the scratches across his forehead.

She spat in his face; it was a challenge. It always was. Her clothes dissolved beneath his hands, leaving bleeding gashes on her dusky skin. Cara controlled her expression carefully, ignoring the pain. It wouldn't do to have him see her smile.


----------------

'Kay, that sucked. But you get the point, I hope. Cara and Jance don't have a typical brother-sister relationship...but then, they aren't exactly a typical brother-sister pair. You know, severe violence, incest, all that good stuff. I think, somewhere beneath the hatred and jealousy, they might actually almost care about each other...but I'm not sure. It's really, really hard to tell...

No comments: