Friday, September 16, 2005

Keep Rockin' on in MIDGAR

(That sign just makes me think "Nothing but strikes at Midworld Lanes!" and then I cry.)

So, I just started watching Advent Children...

Actually, I think I'm too busy orgasming over the clones, Reno, and Rude to make any sort of coherent post on this. (Reno! RenoRenoRenoReno you huge, screaming dork!)

Oh, Cloud. Stop that, your uke is showing.

Yazoo's voice is much deeper than I'd expected- Kadaj is the girly one, but I guess that's not unexpected. (He's got a fucking waist; from a distance, he resembles Edea in her sorceress getup.) Man, if the three of us were tall, stick-thin, and male, we would totally have to cosplay the clones.

The animation could be better; Marlene looks like a doll. On the other hand, this movie is less about the quality of the animation and more about the fangirl factor.

Case in point: ZAAAAAAAAAACK!

Loz is fuckin' badass. Sideburns! I heart sideburns. Tifa, however, is infinitely more badass than he is- OH MY GOD. CELLPHONE. CELL. PHONE. *gibbers incoherently*

...ahaha, Cloud totally hemmed his stupid coat by himself.

And the music! I just- ohgod. The music. And the Kalm Inn, and the church in sector six, and the way I really really want to call the Ancient forest the "Snowfly Forest."

*whimper* Vincent...cape...guh. *dies*

Also, Reno and Rude are apparently still cleverly disguised three year olds. They're the bestest ambiguously gay duo in the history of everything. Also, omfgwtfsunglassesyaye.

You know how you can tell when something is being emotionally manipulative, and yet, you just don't care? Yeah. *looks at the ending* Oh yeah. And this is without subtitles, which is probably better; I can make up my own plot rather than having to deal with whatever poorly cobbled together mess Squenix came up with.

...Yeah, okay, the credits just made me cry. I am weak and predictable, but- music. Some things are constants in the series, and I've been a devout fan for over fifteen years. I'm sad they didn't include the Crystal Theme, but hearing an orchestrated version of the final victory theme just puts me in an incredibly happy place. (My poor roommate had to deal with me shouting at the screen in glee for the last hour and a half. I think she's a little bit afraid.)

And now I'm going to watch it with subtitles tonight and experience yet another prolongued orgasm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And then you can watch it again with ALTERNATE subtitles:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/beeblebabe/338568.html

I WANT TO CRACK, YOU UP!