Saturday, September 13, 2003

Ng. Now I remember why David Bowie did occasionally disturb me.

Movie night last night. Velvet Goldmine. Christian Bale, silly hair, Ewan McGregor's penis, the Sexiest Brian vs the Sexiest Kurt, singing in a frock, flipping them off, David Bowie and a soccer coach, because those are obviously connected, dolls! and what. the. fuck. aliens, glitter, dead glitter, naked men, satellite of looooove, sexy mullets, Oscar Wilde is a space creature, where's the resolution?

(By resolution, I mean happy ending where everyone gets back together, because I am a sap.)

And that was Velvet Goldmine. It gave me creepy, creepy dreams about immortal rock stars taking over the world and sacrificing Godsmack to the greater good. There were also hillbillies with shotguns who killed everyone, including the immortal rockstars, who happened to bear a passing resemblance to Matt Damon and Ben Afflek. I'm sure the whole dream was a metaphor of some sort for the misery of human condition and the ever-present feelings of intolerance and hatred towards those who are different.

My dreams are catching up with me now; I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

Still, as far as gay movies based in flashback go, this one was pretty damn amusing- although I would normally expect Christian Bale to top. His character was such a tragically stupid one, however, that it's okay.

Never mind.

"All that glitters- is GAY!"

No comments: