Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Godless Avatar p1

Cover page. More to follow as I get around to it. The text tool in photoshop is giving me issues, and I don't think many of you can read my handwriting, so I have to fix that before I can actually post the two or three pages I have finished. The art's preeeetty damn crappy. The cover page is not indicative of the quality of the rest of the thing.

I do like the flat way Dar is colored. Diana is just very...blue. It seemed like a good idea at the time, I suppose. In addition to the text tool giving me issues, the layer options were being bitchy as well; thankfully the feather looks okay. You can all tell it's a feather, right? I would've drawn the evil!Venus statue, but it really does look silly, and the feather looks kinda cool. Anyway.

Yup. There ya go. Can't believe I'm actually doing this- but I guess it doesn't count until I start posting pages...soon, lovelies, soon.

I can't believe I just downloaded The Great Nothing- Spock's Beard. 27 minutes long. I am so going to get distracted half way through and switch to something else. Stupid lack of attention span.

Goodbye to Yesterday is a very, very pretty song. Winamp pulled Vash on it. Aw.

Finally saw Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; Hugo Weaving makes such an adorable drag queen, and I wish I had a son like that kid. "Do you do ABBA, too?" Or an older brother like Felicia. (But then, the thought of either of my brothers in drag is enough to make me twitch. Some things just should not be contemplated.) Everyone should watch this movie, it's wonderful. I finally see why dad kept harping on about it. *grin*

I'm quite excited about the thought of CB as Batman, but I'll never be able to get the image of him doing inappropriate things with Ewan McGregor out of my mind. It just totally ruins my image of the Dark Knight- the glitter, man, the glitter! Damn thee, Velvet Goldmine, and your glam rock yumminess! ...never mind. You'd have to see the movie to understand, and I wouldn't recommend that to most of you. It'd just be too traumatic.

Enough trauma for tonight. Ta.

No comments: