Friday, July 04, 2003

This laptop just started singing at me.

Creepy. Very creepy. The parents are playing golf with Bjarte, and supposedly one of the uncles is coming down here as well...no sign of anyone, though.

Mom bought a case of poland spring. there was much rejoicing.

Watched up to episode 24 of Evangelion/eon/whatever...fell in love with Kaworu, squealed in outrage when Shinji popped his head off like a daisy (and how did I just know that was how he was going to die?), and promptly turned off the tv, unable to watch anymore.

Shinji takes first place as the Most Abused Character, Ever; I thought I was mean to my people, but at least I give them happy endings eventually. I've heard enough about "The End Of Eva" to suspect that there will be very little happiness going on.

Mixed feelings about the series; it started off too lightheartedly for me to reconcile the way all of the characters are being mindfucked now...and since it didn't start off on a very light note, that says a lot about what the end is like.

Still despise Asuka. Rei is pretty cool, if infinitely creepier than I ever thought she could be. Shinji needs a hug very badly, but he went and killed the only person willing to give him one, no strings attatched. Misato makes me sad. Ritsuko makes me angry. Gendo Ikari makes me furious. Who else is there...disappointed by the lack of Toji after episode 19; absolutely loved all the flashback stuff, even if Dr Akagi really was an old hag. I miss Kaji, and his melons. (D'oi.)

Now, of course, I am desperately seeking fanfic that has a happy ending, damnit. Or at least some happy bits. Or, y'know, a moment of happiness. Yeesh.

Of course, it being fourth of July, we were supposed to have a barbecue of some sort. Sun's gone down, no sign of parents...eh, well.

A very uneventful fourth of July. Not like last year. *bitter* I suppose I could stay up until four again, just for the hell of it, but there wouldn't be any point.

I'm not going to think about it. There's no point in being unhappy; I'm just not going to think about it. Maybe I'll go see the fireworks later on. It's been a while since I've seen a good fireworks show...

No comments: