Thursday, July 03, 2003

Oh, you're kidding me. The reason everything seemed so sparse and bare is because blogger now no longer seems to work on a 600/800 resolution.

Well, fuck them, anyway. Writing from the shore, on the father's laptop. Still afraid of words.

Finished Very Model of a Man, though. Ending was a little disappointing, a little anticlimactic (hah). Language still very beautiful, plot somewhat lacking.

Still adore Cain, though, even if he was a crackpot in the end. There's not a whole lot of suspense in the book; after all, we all know what's going to happen. It's just a matter of seeing how it happens, and what leads up to it.

But when he shouts at God, "I am my brother's keeper!" it made me want to cry.

Beautiful book.

Suffering from dehydration. Hate being here, because there's no drinkable water that isn't buried in the back of the fridge, gone stale from being there too long. The fridge is full of two year old diet pepsi, though. Caffeine free, no less.

Ancient, caffeine free, diet pepsi tastes vaguely like stale beer, I've discovered. Not that I have more than a passing acquaintence with stale beer, mind you.

On a screen resolution this large, I feel obligated to fill the space with more nonsense than usual. Have felt sick all week. Am now feeling sicker.

And so far, the only thing making Evangelion worth watchin is the almost constant fanservice. (I've just gotten to Asuka, and she makes me want to stab my forehead with a spoon. D'oi.)

At least this keyboard is very nice. Wonder if I'll ever get a new computer, or if they were just saying things to placate me. Not that that takes much.

My parents are out boat shopping, so I'll leave you for the moment with a very heartfelt sentiment:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?

No comments: