Friday, January 31, 2003

Looking around, just looking...and I find a picture of myself in the strangest place. How deeply disturbing...because I know it's not me, it can't be me, I never wore that, I never looked up at a camera from that position, I would remember something like that happening...but at the same time, I know that it's my face, even though I barely even know my face, but how can it be? Where did this picture come from, with this girl who might be me looking up from the blurred and filtered pixels with a smile that could be mine curling up the corners of her face? How can this be? Surely, just a trick of the light, just a trick of photomanipulation, added graininess that seems to give her my features, surely...

They say that everyone has an identical twin somewhere in the world...is it fear that makes me wonder silently? How strange, how curious, how utterly terrifying...who can this be, and why? Who, and why?

I feel like I've just had a Moment, here...not sure what kind of a moment, but it most certainly was a Moment, no doubt about it. Writing this while listening to the new Coldplay song, "Clocks". It makes me think of sunflower petals and ice cream and spinning in the winter sunlight. My head feels fuzzy, and I truly am rather disturbed about that picture.

*oi*

No comments: