Thursday, January 16, 2003

Listening to the Donnie Darko version of "Mad World". *sigh* This song reminds me of...snow. Snow, and children's poetry and cold gray walls...but then again that could just be what's on my mind at the moment. It makes me think of Song of Shadows,actually. Lyrics forthcoming...

I am, at times, amazed by my own stupidity and weakness. It's all my own fault...

Studying Roman history is irritating enough as it is (Why the fork do they all have six names? And why can't the damn historians agree on something?) but it's even worse when you're studying Roman history...in the original Latin. If Livy were still alive, I'd strangle him. I'd so much rather be doing poetry...why couldn't we have done the Aeneid, huh? I don't wanna learn about Gaius Gracchus and Septimuleius, who cut off his head and filled it with lead to get more reward money. (One head of an enemy of the optimates was worth its weight in gold, literally.) I don't care about Julius Caesar and his many wives anymore. No one ever mentioned Marcus Regulus before, so don't even try to pretend he's important.

And the project? Write a two page paper in Latin? Not happening. Leave me alone, I know I had months to do this, but...I waited. And procrastinated. And wasted time to my fucking screwed up time sense because I thought only an hour had passed, when it was really two and a half.

Please, please, please let tomorrow be a snow day. I don't think I can deal with an infuriated teacher. Not this teacher, at any rate.

I've been just a little too busy trying to ignore the rest of the world, lately. Y'know, people crying and arguing and shouting and leaving, that sort of thing.

Ye gods, I'm tired...and I've so much work to do...

No comments: