Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Ani-me? Ani-my!

Have been given permission to use the parent's netflix account, as the parent is out of town. Now browsing through contents.

...Nope, definately can not order Fake on netflix...that would be under the heading of Very Stupid Things To Do with the parent's netflix account, no matter how much I'd like to. For the plot, of course, why else? ;) Could order Trigun shiz, though, and Bebop...or Nazca. I think I'll order Nazca. A shame they don't have Bastard!, but hey, what can you do? Ordering Bastard! would be another Very Stupid Thing To Do, for an opposite reason of the same genre as ordering Fake. *snort* Don't ask, unless you already know, hey?

It's a shame, you know. They don't have anything *good*...just standard stuff, or stuff that I've already seen. Lots of Sailor Moon and Pokemon and random mecha stuff or girl!fighting stuff (ugh) that I really don't want to see at all. And, of course, Dragonball Z. *shudder* Not touching Robotech or Lain (creepy art movie! aiieeee!), also still not touching Ranma or Love Hina on principle. Angel Sanctuary...uh...no. Not only would that be a Very Stupid Thing, but I'm still suffering from only the barest comprehension of the manga, and supposedly it's necessary for AS. Wait, that might be Tokyo Babylon/X 1999 that I'm thinking of...whichever is which. Regardless, no.

Lost Universe? Hmm...I'd rent that solely on account of its main character's name (obsessive little twit, aren't I? Surprised I haven't babbled about exactly how obsessive I really am, here...) but it looks like a sci-fi version of Slayers, from the same people and with a male lead. Put it under 'maybe', one hit above Nazca. Lessee, whatelse...Bakuretsu Hunters? One look at the blurb and...no. Further looking at the reviews, however, puts it one above Lost Universe on the maybe. Hmm...Same people who did Slayers, yet again. I know what to expect- light humor and dumb blonds. *snort*

No, I am not renting Dirty Pair. Stupid computer. (ugh)
Oh, triple (ugh). They have effin Urotsukidoji, but not Ruroni Kenshin. Eeeeewwww. As always, unless you already know, don't ask. Especially in this case. Urotsukidoji is just plain sick and disturbing in its basic concept. Why, oh why would they call it a 'must see'? Nazi-death rape machine. Speaks for itself. moving on.
(ugh)
So...much...Pokemon...*head explodes*
Mrr. I'd watch Amon Saga again, and actually listen towards the end when a few things were actually explained...(prettypretty Yoshitaka Amano art...*drool* (did I mention i am the spleeful owner of a copy of Dream Hunters? No? MmmArt.) and nifty hack-slash-sword-sorcery-giant-turtle! plot.) (Speaking of turtles...*Small Gods* Terry Pratchett. Worship, worship. Grovel, grovel. Move maybe three steps to the left and get thwacked by raining turtles. Hmwahaha!)
Right. Anime.
...I'll be somewhere over there, desperately trying to keep from laughing by slamming my head against a wall. It's like reading ff.net reviews, only worse...
I'll probably just give in and order Metropolis. 'Cept the parent would probably enjoy that, so I'll...suggest it to him when he returns.

Hah! Double hah! I'm not the only one who waxes excessively wordy in terms of Bebop! These reviewers wrote fricken' essays! And I'm not the only one who plugs The Jazz Messengers, either. *cackle*

Damn. I must make a decision. How vile. Bakuratsu Hunters, Lost Universe, Trigun, or Bebop? Do I want comedy- or do I want stuff I've already seen? Mrg. And, of course, there's always Outlaw Star. *sigh*

Wait, what's that? I can...order more than one? Sweet! (Yes, I did watch Dude, Where's My Car? the other night. Shibby!) Now to mess with the priority listing...*evil cackle* The parent will almost definitely return before many of these come in. I do hope he'll have the pleasure of opening the envelopes to find Vash staring out of the case at him. (Or, better yet, whoever it is on the cover of Bakuretsu Hunters...*cackle*) Yup, ordering everything now. *splee!*

Nazca, Lost Universe, Bakuretsu Hunters, Trigun 3, Outlaw Star. Humor, for the most part...(Trigun 3 is before the series goes "Oh my god, I'm depressing! Weep, you weak little human in front of the tv screen! WEEP!"...that happens somewhere around volume 5, I think...maybe 4. Think Legato, and grab the tissues to keep you occupied when your jaw isn't on the floor.) Why, you might ask, am I getting OS and Trigun when I've seen them already, for the most part? Because Adult Swim still cuts out crap, and Jim's voice irritates me a little. (I'm sure his seiyu will irritate me even more- prepubescent males in anime sound more squeaky than the girls.) And because a bootlegged Chinese DVD with English subtitles really just doesn't compare to the official thing. And I wanna hear Wolfwoods dubbed voice. Mrow. ;)

Oh, yes indeed, I are evil.

No comments: