Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Had my first experience with a migraine today. I don't recommend them to anyone else- except maybe the people that I really don't like. *innocent smile*

I was just sitting in creative writing, minding my own business, eating lunch as I am wont to do during creative writing, when suddenly my vision goes- everything just turned into a sparkly blur. The only thing I can liken it to is the snow on your tv set- black and white speckles everywhere. It reminded me of when I was going off Paxil, actually; Broan has been encouraging us to write nonfiction, so I discussed that in my journal, while the page blurred and shifted in front of my eyes.

Eventually, I gave up and put my head down- my eyes started tearing (they still are, slightly) rather badly, but after that my vision was more or less normal. It just felt like someone had accidentally left a large blunt object embedded in my skull- and by the end of class, it felt like my blind spots were growing. Lunch was something of a minor hell- I do not cry unless severely upset, and pain rarely bothers me enough to make me tear. I was on the verge of sobbing, in school no less. Haven't done that since Paxil, either.

I think I was seriously worrying two thirds of my lunch table. The remaining third had other things to worry about, so I'll forgive him for not noticing the fact that I was in too much pain to keep my eyes open without tearing. I went to the nurse after that; mom was still at work, thankfully- she hadn't gone out yet. I got to go home early- went straight to bed and panicked for a little while, before finally falling asleep.

I'm fine now, more or less. I ache a little, and my eyes are burning (should go to bed now, ne?), but otherwise I'm fine. 'Twas frightening, though, to suddenly go virtually blind and then have such an intense pain across my right temple and the bridge of my nose that I could barely speak straight. Classic migraine symptoms, the father says.

Like I said, I don't particularly recommend them.

No comments: